Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Regal

It's hard to gauge the reaction - or the effect - of these fluttering words and their oblique musicality.
I don't have a direct view of the tree from my flat and I am not about to set up a camera to see what, if anything people do, but everyone once in a while I observe someone stop and consider, maybe reach up and look at the words, smile, look amused, bemused, a couple of young ladies took snaps of them with their phone cameras...

That's all I really want on one level, let a random word or phrase get out there, let it take on a whole new meaning, if only around the corner to the next block where the next distraction awaits.



The bemusing explanatory verse I posted came down after the last weeks rain and I haven't decided what to do to replace it...One woman did stop to read and exclaim to her companion, "Oh, it's poetry."

No comments:

Post a Comment